Maj Gen Prof Dr. Abdul Khaliq Naveed born in 1956. He did his MBBS from Nishtar Medical College Multan in 1981. He was commissioned in Army Medical Corps in 1981. His post graduate qualifications are M.Phil (Bioch), FCPS (Chem Path), FNAMS, PhD (Biochem), CHPE (Med Edu) & FRCP (Glasgow). He started as Lecturer Department of Biochemistry in 1984, later on promoted; appointed as Prof in 1997 and Dean Faculty of Medicine Army Medical College; Rawalpindi in 2008 and retired in 2014. After retirement from Army worked as Dean Islamic International; Medical College, Riphah International University Rawalpindi from 2014 to 2017. He has been appointed as Principal/Chief Executive CMH Lahore Medical College on 14 December 2017. He has published 153 research papers and supervised 13 PHD, 13 FCPS and 35 M Phil. He acquired 21 research grants from National/International organizations. He has been awarded best Medical Scientist of Country Gold Medal by Pak Academy of Sciences, best university teacher Gold Medal by Higher Education Commission and best university researcher award by National University of Sciences and Technology. He has been awarded excellence award by Riphah International University.
Important Memberships/Positions Held:
- Member BMS Faculty, College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan
- Secy Research & Evaluation Committee (RAE), College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan
- Member HEC Journal Committee
- Member National Bio-ethics Committee
- Member Pakistan Medical & Dental Council
- Member of PMRC Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Conveners of Expert Panels
- Prof of Biochemistry Army Medical College
- Head of the Dept Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Army Medical College
- Dean Faculty of Medicine Army Medical College
- Advisor to Surgeon General/DGMS(IS) in Basic Medical Sciences
- Dean Islamic International Medical College, Riphah International University Rawalpindi 35 M Phil.
PRINCIPAL / CHIEF EXECUTIVE
Maj. Gen. Prof. Dr. Abdul Khaliq Naveed (R),