Dr. Saira Atif Professor & HOD of Oral Biology is heading the Oral Biology & Tooth Morphology department since 2012. She joined Institute of Dentistry, CMH Lahore Medical College in 2011 as a senior demonstrator and got promoted to Assistant Professor/HOD of Oral Biology in 2012. She was promoted to Associate Professor Oral Biology in September, 2017.
Dr. Saira Atif did her schooling and Intermediate (Pre-medical) from Pakistan Education Centre, Doha Qatar. She secured a Gold Medal in Matriculation and Silver Medal in F.Sc. She did her BDS from de’Montmorency College of Dentistry, Lahore in 2003 and M.Phil in Oral Biology from King Edward Medical University, Lahore in 2012. She scored the highest marks in M.Phil examinations amongst all M.Phil students of different specialities. She holds a Certificate in Medical Teaching (CMT) from University of Liverpool and University of Health Sciences Lahore. She has cleared her Year 1 and Year 2 examinations of Masters in Health Professional Examination (MHPE) from UHS in 2019. Currently she is also doing her PhD in Oral Biology. She is a highly motivated and task oriented person who believes that learning should continue throughout life.
- Saira Atif, Riaz Ahmad Warraich, Najeeb Ullah Ghumman et al. Number of rami of marginal mandibular nerve and its communication with other terminal motor branches of facial nerve in adult unclaimed cadavers – An anatomical study. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2013: 33; 283-288.
- Asma Rafi Chaudhry, Haris Khan, Saira Atif, Rubab Sherazi. Bacteremia after orthodontic banding. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2013: 33; 321-325.
- Saira Atif, Riaz Ahmad Warraich, Sadia Rana. Vertical relation of marginal mandibular nerve rami with the lower border of mandible as seen in cadavers- an anatomical study. Annals of King Edward Medical University 2013: 19; 181-185.
- Um-e-Rubab Sherazi, Muhammad Yousaf, Asma Rafi Chaudhary, Saira Atif. Effect of age and gender on DMFT index of undergraduate dental students in Lahore medical and dental college. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2013: 19; 155-159.
- Saira Atif, Najeeb Ullah Ghumman, Faiqua Yasser, Riaz Ahmad Warraich. Marginal mandibular nerve and its relation with lower border of mandible and facial artery. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2014: 34; 285-289.
- Sofia Ali Syed, Mulazim Hussain Bukhari, Misbah Ali, Riaz Ahmad Warraich, Asifa Iqbal, Saira Atif. Role of Agnor staining to detect the proliferative activity of primary oral squamous cell carcinoma. Journal of Pathology Research 2014:3(2); 80-84.
- Muhammad Anwaar Alam, Saira Atif, Mustafa Qadeer, Adil Durrani. Zinc and fluoride containing bioactive glasses in dentistry. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2015:35(1); 44-48.
- Adil Durrani, Muhammad Anwaar Alam, Mustafa Qadeer, Saira Atif. The study of demineralized and remineralized enamel & hydroxyapatite using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2016:36(1);60-65.
- Faiqua Yasser, Najeeb Ullah Ghumman, Saira Atif. Frequency and reasons of tooth extraction at institute of dentistry, CMH Lahore medical college. Pakistan Journal of Surgery 2016:32(3);185-188.
- Sadia Rana, Uzair bin Akhtar, Saira Atif, Zainab Javaid. Terminal branching pattern of Facial nerve seen in adult cadavers: an anatomical study. Annals of Punjab Medical College 2017;11(4):311-315.
- Saira Atif, Naauman Zaheer, Mustafa Qadeer, Kashish Liaqat, Maliha Shahbaz, Usman Zaheer. Perceptions of public and private school students of Lahore Cantt about Dental Health. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2019:39(2);173-178.
- Um-E- Rubab Shirazi, Saira Atif, Mustafa Qadeer. Trends of post-graduation in final year dental students and preferences in specific specialty. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2019:39(4)
- Saira Atif, Norsila Abdul Wahab, Sarah Ghafoor, Muhammad Qasim Saeed, Azlina
Ahmed. Salivary and imaging-based biomarkers of radiation therapy-induced
xerostomia. Submitted for publication in Journal of Pakistan Medical Association in
- Mustafa Qadeer, Saira Atif, Adil Durrani, Muhammad Anwaar Alam, Naauman
Zaheer, Maliha Naauman. Development of a remineralizing chewing gum containingbioactive glass. Submitted for publication in July 2019 in Journal of Pakistan Dental
- Mustafa Qadeer, Saira Atif, Ume Rubab Shirazi. Scanning electron microscopy of a
fluoride enriched bioactive glass containing chewing gum. Submitted for publication
July 2019 in Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal.
- Um-E- Rubab Shirazi, Mustafa Qadeer, Saira Atif, Jadwiga Hamziuk. Effect of
remineralizing toothpastes for treating dentin hypersensitivity. Accepted for
publication in Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal in December 2019.
- Um-E- Rubab Shirazi, Saira Atif, Mustafa Qadeer. Trends of post-graduation in final
year dental students and preferences in specific specialty. Accepted for publication in
Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal in March 2020.