Dr.Asma Shakoor, Associate Professor received her BDS from Riphah International University, Islamabad in 2009. She then joined Nishtar Insitute of Dentistry in Multan for 1 year as a demonstrator and then she did her Post-graduation (Master) in Public health from Glasgow Caledonian University, UK in 2012.She recently passed MFDSRCS(Ed) by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh,UK in September 2019.Now She is also a member of Royal College of Surgeons,United Kingdom.Dr.Asma Shakoor has joined Institute of dentistry, CMH-Lahore Medical College as a Senior demonstrator on 7 th May, 2012 and got promoted to Senior Lecturer on 1 st May,2013 and then got promoted to the position of Assistant Professor in November,2013.She become Associate Professor in June 2019.She is also Incharge of Girls Hostel since May 2012 .She is a focal person from Lahore representing Special Olympics Pakistan and providing oral care to Special Needs kids since November 2017. She is also a member of American Dental Association since 2016.In addition, She is also member of Pakistan Chapter of International Association of Dental Research (IADR) since 2019. She has been teaching for over 8 years to 2 nd year BDS students. She has 1 International book publication and following research publications to her credit.
- Shakoor A,Rasheed K,Khan YH“Awareness and Knowledge about Oral Cancer in Adult Patients visiting Islamic International Dental Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan” (March 2014) in Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal (PODJ) Vol.34,No.1:113-117.
- Chohan AN, Shakoor A and Anwaar A. Oral Health Status in 7 to 17-year-old Adolescents Group in Lahore, Pakistan (June2016) in Proceedings Vol: 30(1): pp.1-6
- Chohan AN, Anwaar A, Shakoor A. Dental Caries in 7-12-year-old and 16-21-year-old Army Schools Students in Lahore (September 2016) in Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal (PODJ) Vol.36, No.3:452-454.
- Rana S,Shakoor A,Fahim A,Awareness of Halitosis and Oral Hygiene among Undergraduate Dental Students in Journal of Pakistan Dental Association (JPDA),2017;26(4):141-145.
- Mirza BA, Shakoor A, Anwaar A, Zahra FT. Prevalence of Dental caries in Garrison Schools of Lahore, (March 2017) in Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal (PODJ) Vol.37, No.1:133-136
- Raja H,Mumtaz M,Shabbir A,Saleem M,Shakoor A ,Effect of Interactive Teaching Methods on Removable Partial Denture Designing in Journal of Pakistan Dental Association (JPDA),July-Sept 2020;29(3):124-129.