The Department of Community and Preventive Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, CMH Lahore Medical College, organized a field trip in collaboration with Lahore Garrison Education Systems (LGES) for 2nd year BDS on 9th, August 2021 at Garrison Academy Walton Cantt Lahore.
Following COVID precautions were taken:
- It was made sure all the students’ participating in the field trip were FULLY VACCINATED and had Covid 19 Certificate.
- The staff and security personal were vaccinated and had a certificate.
- The faculty had Vaccination Certificate.
- Everyone attending this activity were symptom free and temperature of every individual was taken prior to boarding the bus.
- Hand sanitizers were taken so hygiene can be maintained.
- Latex gloves were used in the examination process.
- Sterilized examination set was used on every student.
- WHO examination forms were provided by the Department.
75 students of 2nd year BDS examined children from class 3 and 4 respectively. The checkup started with the introduction and explanation of maintaining good dental hygiene. All students from 2nd year BDS were provided with the World Health Organization (WHO) Children oral health assessment form to be filled. 2nd year BDS were already calibrated for provision of dental checkup and filling of form. The Department of Community & Preventive Dentistry, IOD, CMH LMC comprising of Prof Dr Bilal Abdul Qayum Mirza (Head of Department), Dr Asma Shakoor (Associate Professor), Dr Ali Anwaar (Assistant Professor), Dr Adeel Ijaz Rana, Dr Muhammed Zia ur Rehman and Dr Faiza Fatima Chishti. The HOD emphasized on maintaining a good oral hygiene through demonstration of different brushing techniques. The predominant dental issues observed in the students during dental examination were dental caries and bad oral hygiene.The children and their teachers were encouraged to get different required dental treatment done from the CMH Lahore Medical College & Institute of Dentistry.