Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Lahore
AS A TEACHING HOSPITAL
British Military Hospital (BMH) Lahore was raised in 1854. In 1927, another hospital known as Indian Military Hospital(IMH) was raised near RA Bazar. In 1943, BMH and IMH were amalgamated into one hospital and renamed as Combined Military Hospital. When Pakistan came into being in 1947, Combined Military Hospital was a 200 beds hospital. In 1982, it became Class A hospital and its capacity was enhanced to 800 beds. In 2004, it further rose to 1000 beds.
Located on Abdur Rehman Road, Lahore Cantonment near Fortress Stadium, CMH Lahore now provides indoor and outdoor treatment to Army and civilian patients. It is recognized by PMDC for house job training and by CPSP for FCPS part II training in various medical and surgical specialties. The hospital has highly qualified specialists in medical, surgical and allied specialities. Modern and state of the art Cardiac Centre, Trauma Centre and Diagnostic Centre have recently been commissioned.</p?
Training at CMH
CMH plays a pivotal role in the training of the Medical College students. Following departments of hospital are recognized by CPSP for FCPS Part II / MCPS / DCPS training:-
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Gynae & Obs
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Chemical Pathology
CMH Lahore has a highly qualified faculty. With the establishment of medical college, Army has appointed more highly qualified doctors. Doctors and consultants regularly enhance their teaching and learning skills by attending various seminars, workshops and symposia. Various consultants have presented papers at national and international conferences. They are frequently asked to deliver lectures and share their experiences with other medical colleges.