CODE OF CONDUCT
All students are advised to read the rules carefully and abide by these rules as envisaged in the prospectus, college notification and their modifications as and when issued. Violations of these rules tantamount to breach of college discipline. The case will be investigated by senior members of the staff and will be forwarded to the college Disciplinary Committee for further investigation and its recommendations will be forwarded to the Principal for further necessary action.
a) The students must display their identification cards at all time while in the college premises and hospital.
b) All students must maintain the decorum of the college through decent and respectable behavior. Students are forbidden to sing, whistle, hoot, create noise, use abusive language, fight and indulge in any unseemly behavior or activity in the college premises at any time.
c) No student is allowed to loiter and move aimlessly in and around college premises or waste his/ her time in college cafeteria extensively.
d) Students have to be present in time, at any specified activity of the college.
e) Student notices/messages will only be displayed on the notice board placed by the college authorities with the approval of the Principal.
Moral and Ethics
The students must essentially display the highest moral and ethical standards at the college, hospital and hostels with conduct par excellence.
College and Government Property
The care and safety of all the property used by students will be ensured by themselves by preventing any willful damage, loss or theft. All damages in any form caused by the students due to their negligence or deliberate act shall be repaired at the expense of the student/ students responsible for the negligence. Walls, fixtures, furniture, models, specimens, charts, skeletons bones, audiovisual teaching aids, notice boards etc. shall not be defaced, mutilated or damaged in any way or form.
The wearing of prescribed uniform has peculiar importance in medical profession and all students must take pride in their identity. Any student found improperly dressed will be marked absent for the whole day. A habitual defaulter in this regard will be dealt with appropriate disciplinary action.
- White shirt with full sleeves
- Grey Trousers
- College necktie
- Maroon Blazer with logo on pocket (in winters)
- White Overall
- Black Socks
- Black Oxford or any other shoes
Full sleeves kameez of any sober colour with white dopatta
- White Shalwar
- Maroon Blazer with logo on pocket (in winters)
- White Overall
- Sober foot wear
The Attendance should be 100% in all lectures / practicals / clinical sessions.
As per requirements of NUMS/UHS & PM&DC,
a minimum attendance of 75% is MANDATORY “individually” in each subject
being taught in that year (in lectures / practicals / clinical sessions), in order to qualify for appearing in NUMS / UHS annual exam.
This will be strictly enforced.
- The margin of 25% of absence in lectures, practicals, tutorials, demonstrations and clinical wards is desired to cover absence only on account of sickness or any emergency if considered justifiable by the Principal.
- Repeated absence from lectures, practicals, tutorials, demonstrations and hospital clinical wards, without any justified reasons, will make a student liable for punishment.
- The students must periodically check their attendance record from concerned department.
- For leave or absence, the students must apply in writing and get it countersigned by all HODs before submitting at the Principal office. The reasons for his/her request should be clearly mentioned. In all cases, leave taken will be at the students own risk as far as the percentage of the attendance is concerned; even the medical certificate will not condone for any deficiency in attendance.
Academic Performance Assessment
Attaining of 50% marks individually in each subject in Class tests / Module test / Mid term / Final term / Pre-Annual examination is MANDATORY. A student can be dropped from appearing in University Exam by the Principal on account of poor academic performance.
Class / Ward Discipline
Teachers and students maintain a highly professional interaction in the academic sessions which is a very distinct feature of the college, and the same has to be continued at all times. Students must switch off their cell phones before they enter the lecture room, laboratory, library and wards. Punctuality regarding class/ ward timings and maintenance of proper discipline in the classrooms, practicals, demonstrations, tutorials and ward is mandatory.
The maintenance of a safe and secure environment in the campus, hospital and hostels has immense importance in a professional institute. The college accords the highest priority to this vital aspect.
Correct Attitude & Behaviour
The students are completely facilitated to devote themselves in their professional studies and expected to shun unwanted societal trends. The possession and use of weapons and substances of abuse, keeping of objectionable materials or pets and smoking etc are totally forbidden in the campus, hospital and hostels.
– Text books, notes and cellular phones are not allowed in the examination hall.
– Any student coming 10 minutes after the start of the paper will not be allowed to take examination.
– NUMS/UHS Professional Examination Admission form will be processed only after the clearance from Accounts and Finance Department.
Use of Unfair Means In College & University Examinations
Any student involved in using unfair means / impersonation will be liable for disciplinary action which may tantamount to expulsion / cessation of all academic activities as per rules of National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) Rawalpindi / University of Health Sciences Lahore / PM & DC.
Politics and Religion
Political activities of all types are prohibited in the college and hostel premises. Involvement of the students in any sort of political, sectarian, ethnic and other such activities in campus, hospital and hostels is viewed with zero tolerance by the college administration. Undertaking to that effect will be obtained from the students and their parents.
No gathering and meeting of students will be allowed in the premises of college and hostels.
No student should address any conference including press conference, nor write to the press on a political or related subject or matter concerned directly with the administration of the college or any government or educational institution, university etc in Pakistan or abroad.
No religious ceremony likely to hurt the feelings of other students/ boarders shall be performed in the hostel.
Law and Security
The laws of country and the common rules about security of information, men and materials regarding Armed Forces will be strictly followed by the students. The security officer of college and hospital will be apprising students on need basis.
Liaison with Parents / Guardians
Parents / guardians will be kept informed of the academic performance of the students on regular basis. However, ensuring correctness of correspondence address and contact details of parents is the responsibility of students / parents / guardians.
Our excellent hostel buildings equipped with the modern facilities have been recently constructed to ensure a student-friendly environment with comfortable living standards. The hostelites are expected to enjoy their stay without any distraction and disturbance. Hostel wardens facilitate maintenance of a congenial environment in a disciplined manner.
- Every student shall be in his/ her room at 08:00 p.m. in the summer and in the winter except those who are on official duty in hospital. These timings are subject to change if so required by the administration.
- Boarders are prohibited from leaving the hostel after the above mentioned time.
Any boarder, who wishes to stay out after this time, shall take prior permission from the warden. Late comers in the hostel will first report to the warden of their hostel before proceeding to their rooms.
- Students must keep their rooms in hostel neat, clean and tidy.
- College is not responsible for loss of any property, valuables and jewellery etc. of the boarders.
- No females are allowed to visit or stay in boys hostel and vice versa.
- Parents of female students will provide photograph and photocopy of National Identity cards of three visitors nominated by them to the college authorities who are authorized to visit their daughter at hostel.
- In dealing with any breach of discipline / infringement of rules and regulations mentioned above, the Principal may decide to order appropriate penalty including apology (verbal or written), fine, temporary suspension from the college, removal from the hostel or after due concurrence of College Discipline Committee/ Academic Council expulsion from the college and rustication.
- Use of unauthorized electrical items like electric heaters / blowers, electric kettle, microwave / electric oven / electric iron can result in short circuiting, hence is strictly forbidden to be used in hostel rooms.
- Parents/ guardians are expected to cooperate with the authorities of the college by prevailing upon and motivating their wards not to take part in any antisocial activities.
Note: Infringement of these rules is a serious offence.
The college Disciplinary Committee keeps effective watch over maintenance of discipline and enforces the code of conduct in routine daily matters. A team nominated by the Principal, will comprise the committee. In cases of any breach of discipline, the decision taken by the Principal will be final and cannot be challenged. The committee will meet on quarterly / required basis.
The composition of the disciplinary committee is as under:-
– President: Principal
– Members: Vice Principal
& Any four Heads of Departments (To be nominated by Principal)
– In Attendance: DME
Various disciplinary actions taken by the committee according to the nature and degree of violation of rules by the students after deliberations of the committee can be as under:-
– Withdrawal from College rolls.
– Debarment from all academic activities.
– Cancellation of hostel allotment.
– Cancellation of leave.
– Cash fines.
– Extra library sittings.
– Ban to visit cafeteria and hostel
– Formal warning with information to parents / guardian.
– Disallowing to apply for university examination.