CMH LAHORE MEDICAL COLLEGE
All the newly inducted first year MBBS/BDS students will report at lecture Hall 'A' at 09:00 hrs on 08th Dec 2011 for necessary documentation and submission of Academic Record, Photographs, Bio-data form, Undertaking (available on website please download and bring filled forms)
1. CMH Lahore Medical College was established in the year 2006. College is running its MBBS course of 05 years and BDS course for 04 years duration.
Welcoming Ceremony will be on 07th Dec at 9:30am in main auditorium.
Regular classes for 1st year MBBS will be starting on 09th Dec 2011.
Regular classes for 1st year BDS will be starting on 12th Dec 2011.
Salient features are given in the succeeding paras.
2. Postal CMH Lahore Medical College
Abdul Rehman Road Lahore Cantt
Fax No. 042-669932169
3. MCs will pay particular attention to their correct turnout and haircut according to the dress regulations, issued by GHQ PA Dte.
4. The wearing of prescribed uniform has peculiar importance in medical profession and all the students must wear the prescribed uniform as per weather requirements.
5. Each student must ensure at least 75% attendance in lectures, practical and clinics which is mandatory for appearing in the university examinations. Any student having attendance less than 75% will not be allowed to appear in any University exam.
6. For 1st Professional Exam (Part-I-II) only 4 chances are allowed.
7. 100% annual fee (tuition and other charges) will be charged from the detainees for the existing class irrespective of the no of failed subjects.
8. Fee will be collected like regular students.
9. The performance records of internal and university examination of students are continuously monitored to judge their requisite suitability for continuation of medical education at the college. Unsatisfactory academic performance leads to appropriate action against the concerned individual.
10. Teachers and students maintain a highly professional interaction in the academic sessions which is a very distinct feature of the college, and the same has to be continued at all times. Students must switch off their cell phones before they enter the lecture room, laboratory, library and wards.
11. The maintenance of a safe and secure environment in the campus, hospital and hostels has immense importance in a professional institute. The college accords the highest priority to this vital aspect.
Correct Attitude & Behaviour
12. The student are completely facilitated to devote themselves in their professional studies and expected to shun unwanted societal trends. The possession and use of weapons and substances of abuse, keeping of objectionable materials and pets, smoking etc are totally forbidden in the campus, hospital and hostels. Disciplinary action would be taken against persons violating the code of conduct behavior and may lead to expulsion from the hostel and college.
Politics and Religion
13. The involvement of the students in any sort of political, sectarian, ethnic and other such activities in campus, hospital and hostels is viewed with zero tolerance by the college administration.
14. Our excellent hostel buildings equipped with the modern facilities have been recently constructed to ensure a student-friendly environment with comfortable living standards. The hostelites are expected to enjoy their stay without any distraction and disturbance. The hostel wardens facilitate the maintenance of a congenial environment and living of students in a disciplined manner.
Items required in College/Hostel
15. All the hostel rooms are equipped with furniture incl foam mattress. However fol items are required by the student to carry along.
a. Bed sheet / Pillows / Blanket at least 02 sets.
c. Set of Books/Stationery
d. Personal belongings / clothes
e. An emergency light as frequent power failures can disturb studies.
f. Uniform - at least 2 pairs.
Moral and Ethics
16. The students must essentially display the highest moral and ethical standards at the college, hospital and hostels with conduct par excellence.
College and Government Property
17. The care and safety of all the property used by students will be ensured by themselves by preventing any willful damage, loss or theft.
18. The boys uniform is as under:-
a. White shirt with full sleeves
b. Grey trousers
c. College necktie with logo on it
d. Maroon blazer with logo on pocket (in winter)
e. White Overall
f. Black Socks
g. Black Oxford or any black shoes.
19. The girls uniform is as under:-
a. Full sleeves kameez of any sober colour with white dopatta
b. White Shalwar
c. Maroon blazer with logo on pocket (in winter)
d. White Overall
e. Sober foot wear
Liaison with Parents/Guardians
20. Parents / Guardians will be kept informed of the academic performance of the students on regular basis.
Law and Security
21. The laws of country and the common rules about security of information, men and materials regarding Armed Forces will be strictly followed by the students. The security officer of college and hospital will be apprising them on need basis.
Disciplinary Actions/ Disciplinary Committee
22. The decisions taken by the Principal and Disciplinary Committee against students for violating the code of conduct will be final and can include immediate rustication, disallowing to apply for university examination roll number or expulsion from College.
23. The Principal will chair the disciplinary committee on quarterly / required basis with following members:-
Members: Vice Principal
Any four Heads of Departments
(To be nominated by Principal)
In Attendance: DME
24. Various disciplinary actions taken by the committee according to the nature and degree of violation of rules by the students after the deliberations of committee will be as under:-
a. Withdrawal from College roll.
b. Cancellation of hostel allotment.
c. Cancellation of leave.
d. Cash fines.
e. Extra library sittings.
f. Ban to visit cafeteria and hostels.
g. Formal warnings to students with information to parents / guardians.
h. Disallowing to apply for examination roll number.
25. Military Cadets (MC) will report to the CMH Lahore Medical College forthwith. On arrival, the students will report to Assistant Director Medical Education and hand over the move orders, sign the arrival register and obtain necessary briefing from the Director Medical Education. All other students will report on the day classes start as displayed on college website.
26. Married accommodation is not available with the institute for allotment. Cadets will, however be provided single accommodation by HQ 4 Corps. Married MC desirous to stay with their families under their own arrangements will be allowed to do so, provided they apply for out-living permission.
27. Students particulars proformae and personal Data Form SVA-8101 for MCs only (in duplicate) are forwarded as annex A & B for completion and early return. Following additional info/docu are also required:-
a. Copy of Identity Card No.
b. Willingness certificate and undertaking.
c. 20x photograph passport size, 4x (1’’x 1’’ size)
d. Result of MCAT
e. 2x Copies of Matric/ O level Certificate
f. 2x Copies of FSc / A level Certificate.
Clothing and Necessaries
28. All students will be in possession of clothing as per weather requirement.
Books and Stationery
29. For MCs Books/Stationery will be arranged by HQ 4 Corps. However, reference books and other instructional material is aval in Lib.
30. No MC will be granted leave, as it entails loss of training during the course. Term breaks will be as per college policy. Leave sanctioned /unsanctioned will not be counted towards attendance on any pretext. Students are discouraged to get married during classes as no leave is granted for marriage/maternity issues.
Mess and Other Facilities
31. All cadets occupying accommodation in the Mess will dine in the mess, unless otherwise authorized.
32. No private arms are allowed.
Correspondence with the Students/Cadets
33. On personal matters, parents will correspond directly with the student and not through the Institute; Official correspondence connected with the training of the cadets may however be routed through normal staff channels.